Travel Training Event in Arapahoe County
The Arc of Arapahoe & Douglas Counties is putting on a Travel Training Workshop for people with intellectual and developmental disabilites.
Join The Arc Arapahoe & Douglas Counties for a workshop on public transportation resources. Everyone in the community is welcome; however, our primary focus will center on the transportation needs of individuals with I/DD. Getting around town safely is a huge step toward independence and building self-confidence.
• Practice riding the bus and light rail
• Learn how to communicate needs/concerns with the driver
• Discover additional travel training opportunities
• Hear from a panel about the perks and challenges faced navigating the metro area
• Learn from self-advocates and share experiences
WHEN: September 15, 2018 (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
WHERE: The Arc Arapahoe & Douglas Counties 6538 S. Racine Circle, Centennial, CO
QUESTIONS: Call Luke Wheeland (303) 220-9228
COST: This event is completely free
Register on Eventbrite at: