Open Doors to Independence with Travel Training
Travel Training is the perfect place to address your concerns about trying, or maybe retrying, public transportation. Via & RTD Travel Trainers understand the reality of public transportation for people with I/DD, and they have been helping people learn about it for years. They also offer free individual travel training, during which travel trainers work one-on-one with a trainee for as long as it takes to insure safe, independent travel. People with intellectual and developmental disabilities, family members and caregivers are welcome to attend this intro Travel Training.
When: Wednesday, May 29 from 10 AM - 12:30 PM
Where: The Arc – JCCG office: 13949 W Colfax Ave, Bldg 1, Suite 150, Lakewood, CO 80401
*Lunch will be included
1. Presentation starts at 10:00 AM
2. Next, we board an out-of-service RTD bus reserved just for our group, and we go through the same steps that riders take on in-service buses.
3. We will ride the bus to a Light Rail station, where we board and travel by Light Rail.
4. Lastly, we ride by bus back to The Arc for lunch starting between 12:00 and 12:30 PM.
5. All along the way you can get answers to your questions from the expert at RTD.
Space is limited. Please RSVP by Tuesday, May 28. Please email email@example.com or call (303) 232-1338 to RSVP.