Making transit safe and attractive for the youth in Sun Valley – Julia Wcislo, CDOT
- Outreach to various community stakeholders to be involved in the process and expand to other neighborhoods throughout Denver
- Create resources such as:
- Rider guides
- Identifying app based transit resource for youth
- Connecting youth to programs that help them become more experienced and confident public transportation users
- Connecting youth and transit police by working with a transit police to implement strategies to improve relations and create open dialogue between these two groups
- Access various datasets to help improve outcomes for youth in transit. For example:
- Showing percentage change in number of youth transit passes purchased
- Acquire data surrounding time it takes for youth to get to school and after school programs by taking public transportation
DenverConnect– Olga Garcia, Denver Office on Aging
- The Denver Office on Aging advocates for Denver’s older population by helping local agencies develop policies and programs that will improve the quality of life and accessibility to care and culture for aging residents.
- Denver Commission on Aging strives to make Denver the best community for older adults to age in place through advocacy, empowerment, and policy.
- Mobile resource center designed to connect older adults with information.
- Brings city services and resources to neighborhoods, assisted living centers, and places where large concentrations of older adults are gathered. The program targets low-income and racial/ethnic minorities.
Member Sharing and Announcements
- RTD will start fare collection July 1st and the free Mall Ride will start June 21st.
- WestConnects will be at the Federal Center Station and Decatur-Federal Center to promote transit and learn what fears the public may have with returning to transit.
- DRCOG has free RTD tickets for people over 65 who live within the DRCOG region.
- DRMAC is having a Transportation Options Workshop on July 7th to train anyone who provides rides and/or connects clients with transportation options.
July 15, 2020; 9-10 AM